For 30 years now, Verkehrsautomatisierung Berlin has been developing intelligent software solutions for public transport and for bus and rail enterprises for planning, control and monitoring of operational sequences. VAB solutions can be adapted to your particular operating conditions and offer quality, user-friendliness and customer support. Being a subsidiary of HANNING & KAHL GmbH & Co. KG, depot controllers and depot management systems can be offered from one source.
We make public transport safer, more reliable and more economically efficient with state-of-the-art system solutions and agile methods. That is and has always been our guiding principle at Verkehrsautomatisierung Berlin.
We develop our products as universal core applications and concentrate on four main fields:
» VABcon Season ticket (Abo) administration and pupil/student transportation
Our Corporate Philosophy
- We can’t do everything. – But what we can do, we do well. This has been the philosophy of our company since its foundation in 1990. Most of our staff have an academic or engineering background.
- It’s the mixture that counts. – The expertise of our staff is one of our company’s assets. We rely on a balanced combination of practitioners with many years of experience and excellently trained young graduates.
- A good feeling. – We consider dialogue and mutual understanding very important. They help us to solve problems and promote acceptance.
- Demonstrating our skills. – While we certainly do not distain the advantages of modern communication technology, our Project Managers, Project Engineers and Support staff also demonstrate what they can do on site.
- After Sales. - We don’t leave our customers out in the cold with our products. Successful project business requires a customer-friendly service policy. This is where our Support team comes into its own.
- Order is half the battle. - We work on the basis of an operating quality management system with defined business processes, binding regulations and clear-cut responsibilities, certified for compliance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2015.
- KONTIKI - Network of the sector for Smart Ticketing specialises in eTicketing, mTicketing and EFM (interoperable electronic fare management) in public transport
- DVWG - German Society of Transport Sciences, a transport science organisation which actively addresses, discusses and publishes current and future transport issues
Our parent company HANNING & KAHL GmbH & Co. KG in the East Westphalian town of Oerlinghausen provides safety-relevant customised solutions for rail-based transportation all over the world. The HANNING & KAHL GmbH & Co. KG and Verkehrsautomatisierung Berlin partnership leads to customer-friendly synergies which enable projects to be implemented from one source.